Privacy Notice – Updated December 2022
This Privacy Notice applies to all information we collect, use and process about you as a customer in relation to the products and services you receive from us. Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. In this notice, references to “we”, “us”, “our” or “JQB” are references to Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited. JQB is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z211784X).
We respect your right to privacy, and we are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after your personal information is very important to us and we understand that the protection of your personal information is important to you too. We want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely, and to understand how we use it to offer you a better experience. This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you either use our website, call us or visit us.
We may ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, when we do this you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. All information provided by you will be stored securely and processed strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating the information contained herein, you will be notified of any changes as the current version will be dated at the top of the page. We encourage you to check this page regularly to ensure that you understand and are happy with any changes made since your last visit.
For any queries in relation to our processing of your personal data please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Security and Privacy Enquiry'. Alternatively, you may call or write to us at:
Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited
Centre City Tower
7 Hill Street
Phone: 0121 634 8060
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE OBTAIN IT
When we enter into a relationship with you as a customer, there are various types of information we may collect over the duration of that relationship. We may collect information when you use our website, or when you call or visit us as part of our order processing procedure. When you contact us by telephone we will retain recordings of all conversations. When you visit our premises in person any recordings of CCTV footage will also be retained.
We will limit the collection and processing of your information to only that which is necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this notice.
Information collected and retained by us may include:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Your IP address.
- Details of any purchase or sale orders you place with us, even if not completed, as well as delivery details.
- Details you provide when contacting us with enquiries.
- ID verification details and proof of source of funds obtained as part of our KYC process.
Personal Information provided by you in order for us to conduct appropriate anti-fraud or anti-money laundering checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to partners we use for ID and verification purposes, credit reference or fraud prevention agencies which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, no credit checks are performed and your credit rating will be unaffected.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We will only use and share your information where it is necessary for us to carry out our lawful business activities. This includes using your data internally to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Your data may be used for reasons amounting to contractual or legal obligations, or for other reasons which are in the legitimate interests of our business. In practical terms this means we may use your data for the following purposes:
- To allow us to process your purchase or sale orders. If you do not agree to us processing your data for this reason we are unlikely to be able to provide you with any goods or services.
- To confirm and verify your identity and/or the source of the funds you are using for your purchase in line with our KYC obligations.
- To enable us to provide ongoing customer service to you such as contacting you to discuss orders, delivery queries, resolving other queries and discrepancies or administering changes to your account.
- To communicate with you about your account or the products you have received, to request feedback on our service, or to send promotional communications about other information, offers or products which we think you may find useful.
- For internal record keeping and maintenance, or for other regulatory or accounting purposes.
- For improvements to the products and services we provide to you.
- For targeted marketing and re-marketing. We do this to provide you with personalised and relevant content which may include things like personalised and triggered emails, such as cart abandonment and purchase confirmation.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, including:
- Where we use authorised subcontractors or service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, we may need to share limited information in order that they can perform their services. In these circumstances we will restrict any information that is shared and ensure that they do not share or use this information for any other purpose. Examples of the types of partners we may share your information with include identification and verification services, courier/delivery services, and storage/vault providers.
- Where we have a legal obligation or in order to prevent or detect criminal activity we may share details with regulators, law enforcement, private investigators, tax authorities or other government agencies. This includes situations where we may be obligated to report suspicious activity, and to comply with production or court orders.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
By providing you with products or services we create records that contain your personal data. This information can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity, product or service, the country in which the transaction is taking place and the applicable local legal or regulatory requirements. We normally keep customer records for up to six years after your relationship with us ends (i.e., after you close your account). Certain records may have longer or shorter retention periods depending on the nature of the information. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
We may occasionally retain your information for longer periods, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or regulators.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We need your data to provide you with the correct products and services, but you have clear rights over what we do with that information. Your rights in respect of the way we handle your data include:
- Access: You may request a copy of your personal data (known as a Data Subject Access Request or ‘DSAR’).
- Rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- Erasure : You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, for example if you feel any of the information we hold is inaccurate or that we no longer need to process it.
- Marketing: You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaints: You have the right to make a complaint to us about how we’ve used your personal data. You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioners office (ICO) if you’re unhappy with the way we have handled your data. The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
We want to keep you up to date with information about market news and price alerts, stock notifications, and improvements to our website.
If you decide you do not want to receive this information you can request that we stop by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link within the email. You may also call our Contact Centre on 0121 634 8060.
We will never sell or share your information with third-party companies to enable them to market to you.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web you may visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here .
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings .
- They enable you to transact, while other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced and personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience while using our website.
- To allow you to securely sign in to our website, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information or making payments and viewing statements.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag while you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed, time spent browsing, and the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user-friendly, develop our website design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
ARE COOKIES SAFE?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Notice applicable to the website in question.
- How To Buy Gold
- How to Buy?
- Payment Options
- Delivery Options
- Buy Gold with a Debit or Credit Card
- Ordering outside the EU
- Gold Investment Guide
- Why Buy Gold?
- Is Gold a good investment?
- Why Physical Gold?
- Best Time to Buy Gold?
- Gold Bars vs Coins?
- Gold vs Silver
- Gold Silver Ratio Explained
- VAT on Bullion
- Top 5 Gold Investments
- Top 5 Silver Investments
- Where to Buy Gold?
- Why Buy from Us?
- Where to Sell Gold?
- Gold Price Forecasts
- Top 10 Gold Producers
- Top 10 Gold Reserves
- Gold Britannia vs Sovereign
- Britannia Coin Designs
- Sovereign Coin Designs
- Sovereign Mint Marks
- What is a Proof Coin?
- The Queen's Beasts
- Royal Mint Lunar Coins
- Bullion Refiners
- Gold Tola - India & Pakistan
- The Fine Jewellery Company
- Bullion Index