Delivering to:
  • Germany
    Andorra
    Austria
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Malta
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
  • Free Insured Delivery across Europe

    Open menu Close menu Menu
    Open charts menu Close charts menu Charts

    Call us: +44 121 634 8082, 24 hours 7 days a week

    Free Insured Delivery across Europe

    Ounce Gram
    Gold 1 328,31 € 42,706 €
    Silver 15,359 € 0,4938 €

    Updated 11:26 CET 13/11/19

    £ $

    9 Carat Gold


    9 Carat Gold What is 9 carat gold?

    Commonly found in jewellery, 9 carat gold is an alloy containing 37.5% pure gold, while the rest is made up of another metal or metals. Typically, 9 carat gold will be made of 37.5% gold, 42.5% silver and 20% copper. However, it is also possible to find slight variations on this combination. 9 carat white gold, for example, is made up of 37.5% gold and 62.5% silver. 9 carat rose gold, on the other hand, has a higher copper content - 37.5% gold, 20% silver and 42.5% copper, giving the metal a more red tone.

    Due to being mixed with other metals, 9 carat gold is harder than pure gold, making it a popular choice for jewellery.

    How much is 9 carat gold worth?

    The official spot price for gold refers to the value of 24 carat, pure bullion gold, which only makes up 37.5% of the content of 9 carat gold. The value of 9 carat gold at any given moment is therefore calculated by taking 37.5% of the bullion spot price.

    When it comes to carat rating, the higher the carat, the more expensive the gold. This is because carat rating relates directly to purity. 9 ct gold, for example, is 9/24 parts pure gold, whereas 22 carat gold is 22/24 parts pure.

    If you own 9 carat jewellery and would like to find its current scrap value, you can use our Scrap Gold Calculator.