Privy Mark Silver Britannias
The privy mark is a special etching on selected Royal Mint coins, such as the silver Britannias. Some of these markings appear on the reverse side with the Lady Britannia design, but most appear along the coin's edge or rim.
Traditionally these markings are to commemorate a significant event or anniversary. If you have any questions about our stock, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silver Britannia Privy Mark Coins
Since 2013, The Royal Mint has produced special edition silver Britannia privy mark coins featuring several small animal symbol on the rim of the coin. The animals are based on the Lunar New Year for the year of issue. These coins are an extra feather in the Mint's cap, and the privy rim offers collectors a slightly unusual take on the classic Britannia - similar to the alternative Oriental Border Britannia coins.
This gives investors a slightly more unusual Britannia for the year, but is otherwise to the same specifications, ensuring it has investment value to fall back on.
- 2013 - Year of the Snake privy mark
- 2014 - Year of the Horse privy mark
- 2015 - Year of the Sheep privy mark
- 2016 - Year of the Monkey privy mark
- 2017 - Year of the Rooster privy mark
- 2018 - Year of the Dog privy mark
- 2019 - Year of the Pig privy mark
- 2020 - Year of the Rat privy mark